Part One: Introduction
The rust conversion emulsion is a special-shaped acrylic emulsion polymerized by the core-shell process by combining acrylic acid, methacrylic acid and ester monomers, combined with self-crosslinking monomers, organosiloxane monomers and organic acids.
Part two: Physical and chemical indicators
1. Product: Rust Conversion Emulsion
2. Appearance: milky white liquid
3.PH value: 2~6
4. Viscosity: 200~800 centipoise
5. Solid content: (40±1)%
6. Freeze-thaw stability: −18°C (three passes)
7. Calcium ion stability: 1:1 (pass)
8. Mechanical stability: 1800 rpm (30 minutes pass)
9. Glass transition temperature: 5℃
10. Shelf life: 6 months (stored at 5℃~25℃)
Part Three: Performance and Use
A rust conversion emulsion for spraying on simple treated steel rusted substrates. The organic acid reacts with the ferric oxide in the rust to form a chelate compound that adheres very strongly to the substrate, and can passivate the substrate at the same time. Quickly turn rust into black, good adhesion between layers and good water resistance.
Using water as a solvent is environmentally friendly and safe, greatly reduces labor intensity, improves work efficiency and reduces construction costs.